Machine Learning Courses
What is Machine Learning?
Two definitions of Machine Learning are offered. Arthur Samuel described it as: “the field of study that gives computers the ability to learn without being explicitly programmed.” This is an older, informal definition.
Tom Mitchell provides a more modern definition: “A computer program is said to learn from experience E with respect to some class of tasks T and performance measure P, if its performance at tasks in T, as measured by P, improves with experience E.”
Example: playing checkers.
- E = the experience of playing many games of checkers
- T = the task of playing checkers.
- P = the probability that the program will win the next game.
Via edX and Coursera, I am currently learning this topic by enrolling the courses such as:
- [Stanford] Machine Learning – Coursera (Undergoing)
- [Microsoft] Data Science and Machine Learning Essentials – edX Verified Certificate (Done)
- [MIT] Introduction to Computer Science and Programming Using Python – edX Verified Certificate (Done)
- [University of Washington] Machine Learning Foundations: A Case Study Approach – Coursera (Done)